“I have no family in the United States so when the Canoga Park Health Center invited me to a baby shower, I was so excited. I couldn’t stop talking about it for days!”
-NEVHC Patient, Canoga Park Health Center
Seventeen years ago, Northeast Valley Health Corporation (NEVHC) employees saw an “unmet” need and started the ‘I Support You’ (ISU) Employee Giving Campaign, an annual employee giving campaign that is organized and funded by NEVHC employees, to help raise funds to support ancillary healthcare programs that would positively impact the lives of our patients, especially children. Thanks to you, along with other NEVHC employees, our patients are living healthier lives.
This year, we have more programs than ever that need supplemental funding. Please join us in championing these important programs by making a contribution today! Together, we can exceed our goal to raise $50,000 and to increase the percentage of employees participating in the campaign to 100%. Listed below are the nine programs selected for this year’s ISU Campaign.See why our staff is choosing to support the ISU Campaign
2018 ‘I Support You’ Programs
1. The Breathe Easy Asthma Program provides high-quality care to patients with asthma. Funds will be used to purchase allergy-free items, such as pillow covers and medication bags.
2. The “Cuddles of Love” Prenatal Program provides incentives for patients to go to their trimester assessments. It also holds baby showers for pregnant mothers. Funds will be used to purchase incentives and baby shower gifts.
3. The Diabetes, Weight Management, & Hypertension Program helps patients prevent and manage chronic diseases. Funds will be used to purchase supplies to promote healthy eating and simple exercise activities.
4. The Enhancing the Patient Experience Program will help keep our patients entertained while they wait for their appointments by providing them with reading materials. Funds will be used to purchase reading materials and magazine holders for our health center waiting rooms.
5. The Harvesting Health Program will give our patients an opportunity to participate in a garden-workday where they will learn basic gardening techniques and receive healthy low-cost recipes at a community garden. Funds will be used to purchase tote bags filled with ingredients to make healthy recipes and gardening kit materials such as containers, tools, soil, seeds, and gloves.
6. The Homeless Hygiene Kits Program helps provide essential hygiene items to homeless patients. Funds will be used to purchase 800 fanny packs and hygiene items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, socks, lip balm, sunscreen, etc.
7. The Reach Out and Read Program offers culturally appropriate books to young patients at each “well-child” exam. Funds will be used to purchase age and culturally appropriate books.
8. The WIC Breastfeeding Program provides support and encouragement to breastfeeding participants. Funds will be used to purchase nursing bras for WIC breastfeeding mothers.
9. The General Fund contributions will be used to support other medical, dental and behavioral health services for patient programs where funds are most needed.
Whatever program you choose to support, you will be making a real difference in improving the health of our patients. Donations are 100% tax deductible and 100% of funds collected go directly to the program you select.