For information and appointments, call (818) 361–7541 or (800) 313-4942
Northeast Valley Health Corporation recognizes the unique medical needs of women and provides a variety of medical services specifically designed for women. We strive to help our patients get the information and care they need. During your pregnancy, we are your partner in achieving the best pregnancy outcome for your health and the health of your baby.
All services are provided in a confidential and personal setting, and include:
Comprehensive prenatal services cover all aspects of pregnancy. We partner with several reputable hospitals that provide labor and delivery services, including referrals to specialists for high-risk patients. Our hospital partners include Valley Presbyterian Hospital, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, Olive View Medical Center, Northridge Hospital (Roscoe campus), Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, and Providence St. Joseph’s Medical Center.
Other services include:
- Prenatal medical visits
- Care of high-risk pregnancies
- Nutrition counseling
- Behavioral health counseling
- Medical visits after delivery
- Parenting classes
- Dental services (during pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Laboratory testing
- Help applying for MediCal and other insurance programs when appropriate
- After hours on-call services (available 24 hours/day)
- Referral to birthing classes
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program
Our Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program provides pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children (age 5 and younger) with monthly food vouchers. Nutrition education, counseling, breastfeeding support and referrals to other programs are among the services provided. For more information, click here.
A variety of family planning services are offered for reproductive needs. These services include:
- Emergency contraception
- Pelvic exams
- Cervical cancer screening
- Breast exams
- Contraceptive education and counseling
- Birth control prescriptions
- HIV testing and counseling
- IUD insertion and removal
- Contraceptive injections
- Diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) for men
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Sexually transmitted disease prevention education and treatment
- Referrals to other services as needed
We offer evaluation and treatment of common gynecological problems in women. These services include:
- Routine breast and gynecological exams
- Abnormal periods
- Vaginal or pelvic infection
- Pelvic pain
- Ovarian cyst evaluation
We provide evaluation and treatment of abnormal Pap smears, including colposcopy (a close examination of the cervix with a special microscope), cervical biopsy and LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure) to surgically remove cervical abnormalities.
WIC supports breastfeeding as the best choice for your baby. Compared to the mother’s breast milk, formula is missing many properties that babies need to be strong, healthy and smart.
NEVHC WIC offers the following breastfeeding services:
- Breastfeeding classes and support groups in English, Spanish, and Armenian
- Breastfeeding support from Certified Lactation Educators and Breastfeeding Peer Counselors
- Individual breastfeeding assistance with a lactation consultant
- Breastfeeding pumps
- Washable nursing pads
- Breastfeeding Helpline to answer your breastfeeding questions. Assistance is available in English, Spanish, Armenian and other languages as needed.
- WIC Breastfeeding Helpline (818) 837-6349
To speak to the NEVHC Lactation Consultant or to make an appointment, please call (818) 270-9799 x84110.