What is Medi-Cal?
Medi-Cal is free or low-cost health coverage for children and adults with limited income and resources. Medi-Cal covers low-income adults, families with children, seniors, persons with disabilities, children in foster care as well as former foster youth up to age 26, and pregnant women.
What documents do I need to apply?
The following documents are needed for every applicant:
- Proof of Income (taxes, paystubs, letter from employer, etc.)
- Proof of Identification (for every applying adult)
- Proof of Citizenship/Immigration (birth certificate, green card, passport, etc.)
- Social Security Card (if applicable)
- Proof of Address (utility bill, rental agreement, etc.)
- Pregnancy Verification (if applicable)
- Resources for Applicants Age 65 and Older (bank statement, car registrations, property taxes, etc.)