In late December 2020, Members of Congress passed the Consolidated Appropriations Act (H.R. 133), which included a three-year extension of mandatory funding for Community Health Centers (CHCs) at $4 billion per year, and a one-time annual allocation of discretionary funding of $1.68 billion. While we are grateful for our Members of Congress’ support, CHCs continue to require additional resources for us to continue providing COVID-19 vaccinations, testing and quality primary care to our patients.
President Joe Biden recently put forth his American Rescue Plan a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 emergency relief plan which would provide direct relief to Americans, states, and localities. The American Rescue Plan provides additional funding for COVID-19 vaccines, testing capacity and programs to address social determinants of health such as food insecurity and housing. President Joe Biden’s stimulus package must be approved by Congress before he can sign it into law.
Send an email to your Members of Congress and ask them to support President Joe Biden’s American Rescue Plan, which includes but is not limited to the following programs to help Americans:
· $20 billion to launch additional community vaccination centers
· $50 billion investment to increase COVID-19 testing capacity including the purchasing of supply and lab capacity
· Increasing the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits by 15%
· Investing $3 billion to help increase the Women Infant Children (WIC) program
· Calls on Congress to extend eviction and foreclosure moratoriums until September 31, 2021