Members of Congress are finalizing negotiations to approve the American Rescue Plan, a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 emergency relief plan set forth by President Joe Biden. The American Rescue Plan would provide financial relief to Americans, states and localities. Furthermore, the American Rescue Plan includes funding for community health centers (CHCs) to continue administering COVID-19 vaccines and tests, as well as provide programs to address social determinants of health such as food insecurity and housing. Members of Congress have listened to your advocacy, but we continue to need your support to help get the American Rescue Plan to the finish line.
Send an email to your Member of Congress and ask them to support President Joe Biden’s American Rescue Plan, which includes, but is not limited to, funding for the following programs to help Americans and CHCs throughout the nation:
• $7.6 billion in flexible emergency COVID-19 funding for CHCs
• $800 million for the National Health Service Corps, $200 million for the Nurse Corps, and $330 million for the Teaching Health Center Graduate Medical Education programs
• Investments in Medicaid to support vaccination efforts
• $7.5 billion in CDC funding for vaccine administration and distribution to be dispersed to support states, local, tribal, and territorial public health departments, community vaccination centers and mobile vaccination units
• $47.8 billion to HHS to implement a national testing strategy and contact tracing surveillance
• $7.6 billion to HHS to expand the public health workforce
• Expansion of children’s health programs, ACA exchange upgrades, and mental/behavioral health care.